Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blake/Wordsworth/Coleridge/Romanticism Blog-Due March 19

1. Do you agree with the view of Romanticsm that you should go with your emotions instead reason ultimately when making decisions?

2. What do you think William Blake's "The Tyger" and "The Lamb" represent about human condition/psche?

3. Do you agree with Wordsworth that we're too focused on "getting and spending" in society?

4. Describe one of your most vivid dreams recently similar to Coleridge's poem, "Kubla Khan"?

3 comments:

Drew said...

1. It all depends on the event and situation. I would most likely go with whatever would give me the best possible reaction. So I think going with my emotion would sometimes be weak and other times would be strong.

2. Yes they represent innocence and experience.

3. Yes I agree.

4. I don't dream very often and I don't remember my last dream I had.

Joshua said...

1. No, I disagree. I think that using reason is better when making decisions. It has been proven that if you go with your emotions, it could end up hurting someone or yourself.

2. "The Lamb"describes the calm, mannered nature of humans. "The Tyger" describe the aggressive and competitive nature of humans.

3. Yes, I do agree with Wordsworth. In the American society, we put too much emphasis on getting money so that we can spend it quickly.

4. Recently, I have been having dreams about college life and what it will be like. You know, I am kind of nervous and anxious for what the future beholds.

McKenna Moyes said...

1- I think it just depends on what the situation is. But ultimately i think it all comes down to making a decision that will benefit you in the end.

2- innocence and experience

3- i agree for the most part, yes.

4- There are a lot of dreams that i have had that are either really strange and dont make sense, really sad where i wake up crying, funny and i wake up laughing, or just when i wake up talking. I usually have a lot of strange dreams but sometimes i don't alway remember them.